Signet’s Performance Analysis provides immediate feedback on reciprocating engine and compressor health to maximize efficiency, identify operational problems and solve reliability issues. One-time performance analysis can identify the causes of power or efficiency concerns and provide insight into the current health of the machinery. As part of a condition monitoring program, periodic performance analyses will prevent loss of efficiency and avoid catastrophic failure.
The Signet Performance Analysis measures:
- Package efficiency
- Compressor valve reliability and efficiency
- Load and throughput
- Engine valve health and adjustment
- Engine and compressor ring, valve and packing leaks
- Engine peak firing pressure balance
- Air to fuel ratios
- Ignition timing
- Compressor rod load and pin reversal
- Angular velocity (torsional vibration)
The running inspection can be accompanied with shut down compression checks, borescope inspection, and oil analysis trends, to complete an engine health assessment.