Signet Monitoring & Analysis Inc. was established in 2008 and has grown from the original husband and wife team to over 25 employees through excellence in customer service. Signet delivers equipment reliability and emissions services throughout Canada and was purchased by Spartan Controls Ltd. in 2021. The strength of the Signet Spartan reliability team is unrivaled.
Lead, Vibration Analysis
Signet is recruiting for a Lead, Vibration Analysis. The role is based out of the Red Deer or Calgary (Spartan) office and reports to the Manager, Rotating Equipment and Reliability Engineering. The successful candidate will have a leadership role with the strong and growing vibration services team, working directly at customer sites and supporting the delivery of vibration solutions. This position will require working in the Red Deer office (or Spartan Calgary office), at customer sites, and remotely, with flexibility based on business and individual needs.
Role and Responsibilities
A major focus will be providing leadership and direction for the design, implementation, and support of Signet’s vibration and reciprocating machinery analysis services. These services may include utilization of Online and Portable Vibration, Motion Amplification, Engine and Compressor performance, Oil analysis, Infrared, and Ultrasonic technologies.
- Support, develop, and implement vibration and reciprocating machinery analysis services program goals and KPI’s
- Technology and scope selection/optimization for critical and essential vibration and reciprocating machinery analysis services and protection and maintenance of customer assets
- Plant control system and machine reliability program integration
- Vibration program/system implementation, installation and commissioning
- Identify, evaluate and implement opportunities for expanding vibration and reciprocating machinery analysis service offerings (consulting, RCFA, optimization, design, modeling, commissioning, etc.)
- Technology deployment, baseline acquisition
Service & Support:
- Field data capture, analysis and reporting
- Asset and system optimization (condition monitoring, extended service intervals, asset protection, equipment optimization)
- Delivery of formal and informal training of staff and customers (through Vibration Trainer)
- Maintain and contribute relevant technical information to a central knowledge hub to support technicians and support staff
- Report reviews to ensure consistency and quality
- Customer support
- Define job scope and identify skill requirements for techs assigned to the work
- Work with Planner/Scheduler to ensure techs are assigned to jobs that match their skills and experience
- Assist sales in quoting of jobs
- Provide technical support for vibe techs in the field
- Take customer calls and inquiries (sales support)
- Participate in customer meetings with Tech Services Manager to communicate and review report findings and follow up
- Support accounts receivable with invoice review
Leadership and Supervision:
- Develop, monitor, and implement KPI’s to understand business and manpower efficiencies
- Prioritize the well being of employees and customers through safe work practices, identifying foreseeable hazards and creating a safe work environment.
- Complete performance reviews, objective setting, identification of skill gaps and training opportunities for vibe techs.
- Provide ongoing development and growth of the team by facilitating development opportunities (“stretch assignments”) and providing coaching and mentoring in support of skill enhancement and performance improvement.
- Recruitment and training of new team members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering Degree, Technologist Diploma or Journeyman Certificate with applicable experience (5+ years)
- Category 2 or 3 Vibration Analysis Certification is preferred
- Recent knowledge and experience with rotating & reciprocating machinery
- Experience with modern condition monitoring platforms, gas compression and process operations.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, as well as product and application understanding
- Is safety minded, able to identify hazards and manage risk
- Ability to work proactively in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and organize resources, meet deadlines, and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to support others through a positive and encouraging attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Competent at managing conflict and the ability to build cooperative teams
- Ability to make tough decisions and provide positive and corrective feedback
- Strategic and conceptual thinker with a practical “get it done” approach
- Proven customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and innovative self-starter with entrepreneurial work ethic
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Willing and able to travel
This position has been deemed as Safety Sensitive. As such, successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test.
Open Date: July 13, 2022
Close Date: Open until filled
Please apply to: Employment@Signetma.com